Tuesday, January 16, 2007

another first

I recently introduced an occasional "What I did today for the first time" section. Over the last week, during a hiatus in blogging which you probably didn't notice, I've had to do several things for the first time that I would prefer to have left undone.

So to lighten the mood a little, although it wasn't today, I'm going to resume blogging with the announcement that on Sunday, for the first time, I replaced the felt on a shed roof. It may not sound like much, but I'm far from skilled in DIY matters, so I felt (no pun intended) quite a sense of achievement when I surveyed my ragged and uneven handiwork.

6 comments:

emma said...

Glad to see you back Alec - we DID miss you! My dream was to have a shed one day - and it was fulfilled about a year ago. I've now got the most incredible shed ever in the history of sheds, so your blog made me smile thinking of how I used to long for a shed and wander round shed places. Re-felting a shed I would say, is no easy thing to do. I'd be proud of it too!

purkul said...

hya,

i did notice!!!and glad your back 2!
i always think an achievemnet is always relitive to the individual, so a big thumbs up on the old D.I.Y!

purkul
x

Domenica said...

I also missed your blogs and DID notice!!
Welcome back.

Alec said...

Thank you all for your welcome back messages. It's good to be back blogging.

chris164 said...

Great to see u blogging again.

I'm also set to start blogging again this week.

When it comes to DIY, if it goes well it's great and if it goes wrong you've catastrophe on your hands(Well for me at least).

tone the blueshawk said...

I was beginning to think you had dropped of the edge of the bloggodisc (web-world is flat!). Nice read you again - and well done with the shed, although after today's wind you may find you have to do the work again (this is no criticism of your workmanship) - Txxx