Tuesday, January 02, 2007

hi ho, hi ho

Today was the first day back at work after the Festive season. Although the break was a seductive reminder of what life was like so very recently when I wasn't a slave to the daily 9 to 5, I found for perhaps the first time in my life that I didn't mind the resumption of my place at the grindstone.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed my time off immensely. It's just that my current job feels about as far as it's possible to get from being crushed by the wheels of industry. Except for the possible exception of someone who is paid to sit in the shade on a sandy beach and drink refreshing liquids. And I've not spotted an opening in that field recently, not even one at the bottom of the hierarchy.

2 comments:

emma said...

That sounds like a good feeling Alec. I felt fine about coming back too. I used to dread it. THere was something which needed to be done and really, I was ready to come back. However it was an awful shock to my system when the alarm clock went off at 6.30am on Tuesday. During Christmas I managed to establish quite quickly a 1am ish 10 am ish sleeping pattern, which seems to suit me better. Oh well - you can't have it all ways.

chris164 said...

Well i'm completely out of rhythm at the moment, so i can't wait to get everything back to normal.