Wednesday, December 06, 2006

the stuff that dreams are made of

I rarely dream. Well, strictly speaking, I should say that I am rarely aware of dreaming. Who knows what goes on behind your back while you're asleep?

Yet every day for the past fortnight, I have woken up in the morning (and often during the night as well) with the remnants of a dream in my head. These remnants don't last long, but quite often I know that I've been dreaming about things that happened many years ago.

Could it be connected in some way to the short hours of daylight? I spend much less time outdoors, so my brain gets less variety of information to process. Perhaps while I'm asleep it has to turn instead to older memories. Alternatively, because I'm getting less physical exercise, perhaps my sleep patterns are lingering in the state where dreaming takes place.

Any suggestions, anyone?

1 comment:

purkul said...

hya,

i'm very much like you n can v rarely remember any dreams so i feel quite chuffd wen i do!

my suggestion would prob b don't worry about it, its probably the fact that its on your mind that is making it repeat.

they are funny things dreams, mayb its worth you getting one of them books that tell ya the underlying meaning! n that might break the cycle.

nat
x