Sunday, November 26, 2006

itchy feet but not many shoes

Went for a tasty curry tonight with a couple of old friends who I don't see nearly often enough.

One of them will soon be taking six months off work to travel round the world with her partner - Thailand, Cambodia, New Zealand, Australia, Easter Island, Galapagos, Peru, the Amazon, and finally the Carribbean (see - I was paying attention!). They leave soon after Christmas, and, not surprisingly, are eager to start.

I'm really impressed that she's managed to choose only four pairs of shoes to take with her, even if she's not very happy about the restriction.

I can't believe it's twenty-one years sine I went to South America, and twenty-six since Australia. I'm not old enough for it to be that long ago, surely?

7 comments:

emma said...

You must have been very very young!

Alec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alec said...

That's very kind of you to say so, but I went to Australia in a year out after school, which makes me older than I remember or feel.

chris164 said...

my gran was in her 80's the last time she went down under. So there's plenty of time yet

purkul said...

hi alec,

where'd ya go 4 the curry?

i'm a big fan n always looking out for somewhere new to go!

i think its great that you've been to such great places. i'm rubbish, don't ever organise myself to go n then always wish i had!

decided i'd like to take my neice to disney land paris at some point she's only 2 and has a little brother or sister on the way, so whether i take just her or the two of them when the ricicle (the name for the unborn bump!)is big enough, but i am defo gona do it!!!

Alec said...

The restaurant is in Church Street in Stoke. It used to be called Al-Shafiq's, but I didn't pay much attention to what it's called now.

It was very quiet on Sunday night, even though they offered a large buffet for £7 a head.

purkul said...

bargian!!!!

think i've heard of that 1, i'll av check it out!

nat
x