Wednesday, November 22, 2006

more on music

I've not felt like posting here for a while. There's nothing wrong - I've written a couple of posts at my other blog - but I just haven't felt like opening up. I really appreciate the comments everyone made in response to my previous post about music. I may well take you up on some of your suggestions about going to a gig or trying new music. I don't want to make this into more than it is, but it feels like a large, important topic, and I want to treat it with due respect.

By coincidence, a new series started on Channel 4 last Saturday about how music works. I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet.

3 comments:

emma said...

Glad to see you blogging again Alec, I've missed you.

Don't know if it's your scene, but Turin Breaks are apparently playing at the Sugarmill in Hanley tonight.

tone the blueshawk said...

that C4 series sounds interesting - can you recall when it is on? - I'd like to watch it.
We are probably going to see the Dylan Project in a couple of weeks (they do Dylan songs, but are not a covers band, and include great musicians like Dave Pegg) - if you want more details ring/mail

Alec said...

It's a four-part series, shown on Saturday evenings, so we've missed Part 2. This is exactly the sort of programme that I wish they'd repeat on one of the Freeview channels instead of endless repeats of Volcano or Runaway Bride.