Tuesday, February 27, 2007

north of the border (not mexico way)

Lots to catch up on - I've been in Edinburgh for a long weekend. I travelled up by train, so on Friday afternoon, I went over the stretch of track that a only few hours later was the scene of a derailment. Makes you think, dunnit?

I managed to cram a lot into the two complete days - a couple of films (Pan's Labyrinth and Night at the Museum), a play (Mrs Warren's Profession by George Bernard Shaw), the Off the Wall exhibition at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art and a visit to the open day of the Eric Liddell centre.

And all topped off with lovely food and drink, too. Thanks for the fantastic weekend, Mum!

2 comments:

emma said...

Blimey Alec, that doesn't bear thinking about. I couldn't beleive not more were hurt when I saw the train. A tragedy that anyone was of course.

You sound like you've had a busy weekend - Mums are brilliant aren't they - so are Dad's of course (particularly mine).

Glad that your back and blogging safely.

Domenica said...

Hi Alec,

You have been a busy bee. I always find it quite amazing, that when we are aware we only have a limited amount of time in a particular place, just how much we can "pack in"

Looking at what I have just written, has prompted me to think about applying that to life in general!! Dx