Friday, February 09, 2007

in the dead of night

I woke up at 3.45 this morning and was unable to go back to sleep, so I got up and here I am.

I used to have strange sleep patterns, but they've been normal for a long time now. The odd thing is, I still can't get out of the feeling that I've somehow gained a few extra free hours, even though I know perfectly well from past experience that I will need to catch up soon enough.

It's the tranquility, I think. It feels like time is standing still.

2 comments:

emma said...

That's a great way of looking at it Alec - gaining time instead of losing sleep. Thanks for the post.

chris164 said...

I genarally have the same problem. Thinking that i can get on and do more things while everyone else is asleep(piece and quiet)and i'll
where myself out in the space of a week.