Sunday, February 04, 2007

Donald McGougan

I read recently that Donald McGougan, my teacher from Year 5 in Primary School, will retire later this year. My class, back in 1970, was his first teaching post, and he was an excellent teacher. He encouraged and inspired us, and greatly influenced the course of my life. I can still vividly remember things he taught us, and from him I developed an interest in the full range of arts and sciences.

I'll be writing to him to send him my best wishes for his retirement, and to let him know how much he helped me. Thank you, Donald.

1 comment:

purkul said...

hello alec,

i am so sorry to hear that your friend passed.

i had noticed that you hadn't done a post for a wee while.

it was very profound what you said about our potential to make a difference, i'll remember that alec, and refer to it at times in the future.

so that's one difference that you've made, to me anyway!

take care

purkul
x