Saturday, August 18, 2007

back to the future

I'm not there yet, but at long last it feels like the end of the tunnel is approaching and that I'm returning to normal. A lot has happened in the last few months, and I think it all got a bit too much, so I retreated back to the very basics - home and work.

I've felt like a fraud recently, because I haven't blogged, I've hardly visited the allotment, I haven't been to see the bees, I've taken very few photographs, and I've contributed little or nothing to the organisations I help. In short, I've generally done little of what's fun.

But things are starting to change. I took a few photographs this afternoon, I've come up with an idea for a new design for my personal website, I feel like blogging again and I'm off to Edinburgh in a few days' time.

2 comments:

klahanie said...

Hi Alec-
I can relate to retreating back to the very basics.
Sometimes we need 'time out' to evaluate where we are going in our lives.
I wish you well Alec, as you continue to 'recharge your batteries' at your own pace.
Best regards.

emma said...

Glad you're on your way through Alec, we've missed you. Sometimes though, you have to retreat to allow yourself to regroup physically and mentally. It's a good thing, I do it too. Steady as you go and it will be a pleasure to see you, when we see you. Em.