Friday, June 01, 2007

how lost is my valley

In a continually-recursive twist, the Valley of Lost Things, my other blog, is now itself lost.

I'd been getting a lot of spam comments on the blog, then yesterday I was informed that my webhost was temporarily locking my web space because it had received many complaints about spam coming from my site. I know very little about the mechanics of spam, but it seems likely that someone had hijacked a vulnerable script.

I could, I suppose, have sorted through the many files in case I found something that shouldn't have been there, but I'm not sure I would have recognised anything suspicious. Since I haven't posted on that site since before Christmas, it just seemed easier to get rid of the lot.

It feels slightly sad, but it wasn't even my first blog, so I'm sure I'll get over it soon.

2 comments:

emma said...

That sounds quite sad to me Alec. Blogs (as I have discovered) are very personal and if someone were to take mine down I'd be fed up too.

tone the blueshawk said...

and so as the sun goes down,
a valley is lost,
we shall not see its like,
as the lights are going out all over Europe,
oh woe.
e.j. thribb (14)

PS - to hell with the spamming bastards