Friday, May 11, 2007

back again

You can cease your fretting - I'm still around, even though I haven't been blogging much. I just haven't felt like it recently, though occasionally I've been tempted to write about some of the more ludicrous aspects of preparing for today's visit to our museum by Princess Anne. That's probably a treasonable offence, though, so I restrained myself.

If you're interested, you can read my post about the event on the blog for museum staff in the West Midlands. It was through that blog that I discovered Museum 2.0, a fascinating exploration of the implications and potential of Web 2.0 for museums. (Well, I think it's fascinating, even if you don't.)

2 comments:

emma said...

I happened to pop to the museum today and could hardly move for people either dressed to the nines or screwing down the manhole covers! Glad you're back Alec - we have missed you.

tone the blueshawk said...

Dear Sir
Whilst it is good to have you back, as a committed royalist I am outraged by your suggestion that there is any limit to the degree of ludicrous preparation required for Her Madgeness or any of her royal offspring. It's not such a sacrifice to have to wear stiffly starched Union flag under-garments, is it? Your attitude has been noted, as has your flagrant disregard for protocol in standing outside the door to watch the Spitfire.

Yours etc
blueshawk of Bradwell