Monday, March 19, 2007

another first

Today's first - my first kung fu/kick boxing class. I was surprised just how much I enjoyed it. I'm glad they're treating us gently to start with, though.

The instructor came up to Lisa and me during the class and told us he has people in other classes who are in their 60s. It didn't occur to me until afterwards, but I assume he was trying to reassure us because we're the oldest people (by a long way) in the beginners section. It's just not something that either of us think about.

7 comments:

emma said...

Nice way of reassuring! :-)

klahanie said...

Hi Alec-
I like the way you relate to your age..by not thinking about it.
Heck, I have a teenage son and think nothing of using his skateboard. (bit of a challenge on the speed bumps though):-)
Have a great time in your classes.

Domenica said...

Hi Alec,
Thought I would share with you something I read a while ago, "It's when you get over the hill that you pick up speed"
Not that I am implying that you are "over the hill" and of course age is just a number! D

tone the blueshawk said...

"It's when you get over the hill that you pick up speed" -
I've picked up so much speed it's turning into a white knuckle ride...

emma said...

I know but the thrill of white knuckle rides!!!! :-)

chris164 said...

It's great that you and Lisa have both taken it up together. Hope it doesn't make any heated arguments anymore so. Hey & if you need any tips just ask. My sis managed to get her teaching certificate in karate (bit different but high kicking’s the same).

purkul said...

well done u,

its great to try new things, never too old!

i tried skiin 4 the first time & ended up lovin it! but there would have been a time when i would have found it much easier to take the easier option and talk myself out of it!

i've got a taste for the whole trying something new thing now only question bein what to try next!!!!

purkul
x